Optical Pill Counting & Verification Enabling
Want to learn more about RapidCountRx?
Streamline your pharmacy workflow while improving accuracy and throughput.
Busy pharmacy team members are sometimes literally running into each other behind the counter. That’s because pharmacists are trying to do too many things at once: PV1, PV2, patient consultations, doctor calls, insurance adjudication, etc. Meanwhile,patients are lining up, waiting for their scripts, when all they want to do is pick up their meds, get consultation, and be on their way. It’s frustrating for everyone involved.
Busy retail chain pharmacies struggle with “work overload” on the pharmacy team during certain times of day. The many challenges in this difficult and stressful environment include:
- high cost of pharmacist labor and labor shortages
- non-linear workflow with its accompanying costs and frustration.
- fill errors and rework.
- false claims from patients.
Regulatory compliance and good customer service dictate that a second pharmacist be added when the pharmacist gets too busy. But adding a second pharmacist is difficult and expensive.
So, how can pharmacies streamline this complex, error-prone, non-linear workflow and replace it with a simplified, faster and less-expensive process? The answer is: remote PV2 verification through optical pill counting and pill verification, enabling workload balancing—all made possible by the RapidCountRx™.
Workload balancing, enabled by RapidCountRx, means that digitized PV2 functions can be shared by other pharmacists in a variety of settings. PV2 can be conducted securely:
- in the store where the script is filled by a pharmacist on site, at his or her workstation—without handling the product!
- in another store that isn’t busy.
- in a central fill location.
- by a pharmacist working from home (over a secure network).
Whichever option you choose, RapidCountRx makes PV2 functions much easier to manage, much more efficient, and much less expensive. The result is reduced cost, improved accuracy, betterworkload balancing, faster service, and happier patients with all steps recorded and images saved.
Unbeatable Features & Specs
- Counts & verifies all medication including clear gel caps.
- For each vial-filled script or pre-pack,captures clear, accurate images of every pill on the counting tray, label on the vial,and pills in the vial. All with pill verification.
- Pill properties are combined with patient information, lot number and expiration date and recorded in the database along with data , time and biometric operator identity.
- Data is transferred over the secure pharmacy network to other pharmacists, enabling them to perform digitized PV2 functions remotely.
- Upon pharmacist approval, the prescription can be released from will-call by the clerk to the patient.
- Built-in pill verification alerts the fill tech of an error requiring correction before script is presented to the pharmacist for PV2 function.
- Added security for tech check tech.
|Dimensions||W=13” L=14.5” H=23” | W=33.02 cm L=36.83 cm H=58.42 cm|
|Weight||27 lbs |12.2 kg|
|Platter Surface||51 square inches | 129.54 square cm|
|Bar Code Scanner||Linear and 2D barcodes, biometric fingerprint scanner-enabled|
|Communications||Use your secure pharmacy network to communicate to pharmacy management software|
|Internal Temperature/Humidity||Same as pharmacy space|
|Cleaning||Quickly wipe down with alcohol wipe.|
|NDC Validation||All medications (tablets/capsules/soft gels/clear gels and unit-of-use) can be validated
by scanning the barcode on the pharmacy label & then the barcode on the medication
stock bottle/box. Recognizes generic equivalent, and allows for substitution.
|Bi-Directional Interfacing||Administrative Station: PC, monitor, biometric fingerprint reader, keyboard, mouse. Final Pouch Interface bi-directionality enabled.|
|Counting Technology||Vision verification counting system. Counts & verifies all medications including clear gels.|
|Pill Verification||Full pill verification utilizing size, shape & color features based on scanned NDC number.|
|Annotated Tray Photo||Color photo of pill tray with RxNumber, Refill, tray count, tray number, quantity needed,counted by, counted on date/time, NDC, barcode, expiration date, lot number, container serial number (if applicable), product description (product name, strength & dosage form)|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10 PRO|
|Storage | RAM||128GB |8GB|
|Power||110 volt A/C, 60 Hz, 5 amp|
|Features/Benefits||99.99% Accurate counting|
|Recognizes broken pills|
|Pour as fast as you can, counts 5x per second (every 200ms)|
|Full pill verification utilizing size, shape & color features based on scanned NDC number|
|USP <800> compliant with multiple cleanable, reusable trays|
|User ID and password or biometric sign-in required. All activities tracked.|
|12.3” Touchscreen, largest & highest resolution in the industry|
|Automatic, configurable tray shaker for faster counts|
|PV2: Photos of tray(s), pills in vial (top view), vial label & stock bottle label. API provides photos to PMS.|
|Workflow Optimization||Integrates RapidCountRx automation into existing pharmacy systems|